There are many ways to
Gather, Connect, Invite and Serve
at Wellspring Family Church
Women of Wellspring Winter Bible Study
Beginning the week of January 17—Join the Women of Wellspring for 10-session study on the book of Hebrews, “Better” by Jen Wilkin. In this verse-by-verse study of the Book of Hebrews, Jen Wilkin explores how God “provided something better for us” in the person of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 11:40). Through stories of Old Testament heroes and practices, the author of Hebrews demonstrates how the new covenant is superior to the old and how Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of every promise. Explore familiar verses in context of the entire Bible, learning how to place your hope and faith in Christ alone. There will be 3 discussion sessions each week:
Tuesday Evenings at 7-8:30pm in-person* in the Wellspring Board Room,
January 17-March 21, led by Robin Connelly & Cheryl Kelley
Wednesday Mornings at 9-10:30am in-person* in the Youth Room,
January 18-March 22, led by Cindy Segrist
Thursday Mornings at 9-10:3am in-person in the Wellspring Board Room,
January 19-March 23, led by Barb Frost
To purchase a book or for more information, contact Robin Connelly at email@example.com.
Youth Pastor at Wellspring
Position Available—A Search Committee has been formed to fill a new position of Youth Pastor, and to review resumes and potential candidates. To view the job description, please click here.
The Search Committee includes: Todd Brooks, Jessica Freeman, Sara Otey, Zachary Priest, Dan Rauch, Bekah Segrist, Jason Wescoat, Erin Wodicker, and Pastor Steve Otey. Candidates and leads should be sent to Pastor Steve Otey.
Please pray for this process, the Committee, and for our new staff member.
Opportunities to Serve Those Who are Homeless
Thank you to those who generously supported Wings of Hope during the Christmas cold-weather event. 63 men, women and some children were transported and temporarily housed, many struggling with maladies due to the cold.
How can I help?
• Support our on-going ministry to those experiencing homelessness. Give to Wellspring Family Church Wings of Hope Michael D. Oppenheim Fund.
• Visit Street Sanctuary, Sundays at 11am, at Little Sisters of the Poor, 3225 N Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63107. Discussion leaders needed. Call/text Jack Kennedy at 636-399-3083.
• Join with One Family Church Saturdays, 9-11am, at 4265 Shaw Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63110. Volunteers needed to greet and serve those who are unhoused.
• There is still a need to donate the following: winter hats, gloves, heavy socks, boots and/or thermal underwear in L, XL, and XXL. Items can be left at the church, in the NE foyer next to the Youth Room. Or, drop off items at One Family Church on any Saturday between 9-12, located at 4265 Shaw Blvd, St Louis. These items are needed all winter.
• Subscribe to the inExcelsis weekly e-news. inExcelsis is our ministry partner to serve those who are unhoused. Visit inexcelsislove.org.
Saturday, February 5, 5:30pm—Plan to attend our annual Chili Cook-off fellowship event and fundraiser for scholarships for children camps and Youth retreats. Bring your blue-ribbon pot of chili, a chili topping or dessert! Or just come and enjoy the cool fellowship and hot chili!
Suggested donation: $6 / adult, $3 / child, $20 / family
5:30pm—Drop off your chili, toppings, or dessert.
5:45pm—Prayer & Dinner. Judging begins!
7:00pm—Prizes awarded to winners!
Click here to sign up, help set-up / clean-up, or bring a topping or dessert.