CHURCH AS A FAMILY ON MISSION
At Wellspring, church is not a place to go, but a place to belong.
Youth Pastor (Part or Full Time)
Wellspring Family Church (WFC) is seeking a part-time or full-time Youth Pastor to join an exciting church environment. Wellspring has a strong desire to minister to the next generation and has seen rapid growth in our Youth Ministry over the past two years. Our Youth Ministry includes students in grades 6-12 and has a weekly attendance of 45 students. Wellspring is a growing 3-year-old church of 250 and is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
The Youth Pastor is a part or full-time position reporting to the Associate Pastor.
Major Job Responsibility (50 hours per week, if a full time role)
• Demonstrate a passion for Jesus and Christ-like life.
• Demonstrate a heart for students to help them belong and flourish in Christ.
• Lead, recruit, develop, equip, and encourage team members to serve in Youth Ministry.
• Build Christ-centered and Gospel relationships with teens and families.
• Work with staff and volunteers to set ministry goals and outcomes, think and work systematically
to see overall church growth.
• Be a visible leader, help to execute the vision of the church, and lead the Youth Ministry well.
Happens Every Week:
1. Teach effectively and creatively from Scripture during Youth Ministry programming.
2. Encourage and develop others to utilize their teaching gifts as well.
3. Model relational ministry.
4. Collaboratively lead creative programming for Youth Ministry programs.
5. Communicate with youth leaders and parents regularly.
6. Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor to evaluate ministry programs and strategy execution.
1. Lead Youth Ministry events for outreach, discipleship, leadership development, retreats,
2. Lead and develop the student leadership group to empower teens to serve well in ministry.
3. Involve students in the ministry to build engagement and develop student leaders.
4. Continue to grow professionally and spiritually by participating in outside opportunities to include
conferences, seminars, books, and networking.
5. Partner with the Children’s Pastor, Worship Pastor and Pastoral Team to create a comprehensive
plan to minister to children, students and families.
1. Assist the Associate Pastor in parent training and communication.
2. Lead one or more retreats each year.
3. Lead a missions or service opportunity for students.
Education and Doctrine
Education: Four-year college degree or greater.
Personal Qualifications: Personal Character: Should have a genuine love for Christ and other
people that is evident through an authentic, transparent and Christ-centered lifestyle. Must be
committed to growing in the spiritual disciplines and sharing their faith with others.
Doctrine: The Youth Pastor must agree with the Evangelical Free Church’s Statement of Faith.
Vision and Values: The Youth Pastor must be in support of WFC’s mission, vision and values.
Competencies & Experience
Two years experience leading a student ministry of 30+ students preferred.
In addition, proven experience in the following areas:
1. Speaking to and teaching large groups of both Junior and Senior High students.
2. Demonstrated ability to equip students and adults for ministry.
3. Organizing, planning, and administrating student events such as camps and retreats.
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Shepherding, Teaching, and Administration
Send a resume and cover letter to Steve Otey at email@example.com